onsdag 28 mars 2012

Rover 2000SC 1966 "rediscovered"!


Sorry about photos but there are none of the car presently!
However this picture from one of the first leaflets is lovely
or what do you think?
 I have owned this car since 1988, but during all these years I have never driven it at all. How come? Simply because it was bought with a broken engine and not much has happened since!

During my 23 years of ownership an early Rover 2000 has become quite a rare sight on swedish roads. It was not a very common car when it was new and now it is the 20th oldest 2000SC in Sweden. Of the nineteen cars that are older only four are used regularly. And more surprising is that of the remaining fifteen cars eight has been "off the road" for more than 25 years, with one not driven since 1972! I do not want to see my Rover 2000SC unused for 40 years so now it is time for me to finally bring it back to life and the open road! 

There will be a lot of work involved with engine, brakes, electrical system and other areas. If you have an interest in Rovers and some spare time - please join me on the "restoration trip" on this blog. I will try to make a regular update from now on.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar